How You Can Help
The Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center research program has been very successful in getting grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). And our clinical care program keeps growing as the amount and sources of our funds grow. However, funds from both the NIH and the insurers aren’t even close to enough to allow us to keep expanding our activities to match our vision. It takes constant support from all our friends to do that.
We’ll keep applying for and receiving support from the NIH as well as foundations, industry, and the insurers of patients in our care, as well as our Medical School and our Hospital; but support from you can make an all-important difference to our success.
You know what we’ve already done. You believe in what we will do for you and people in the same boat as you. We hope you’ll help us.
Give to help wherever we need help the most
The best way for you to give is in the form of an unrestricted gift. These are used to support both our clinical and research programs. 50% of the funds go to support the clinical care of uninsured children and adults with diabetes. 50% are dedicated to the basic and translational research programs we all hope and believe will ultimately find the cure for diabetes.
Give to help a special cause:
- Support for young faculty
- Recruiting and keeping our faculty
- Endowments for professorships, clinical and research programs
- Our children’s diabetes programs including child life, camp programs, and care for underinsured and uninsured patients
- Our diabetes stem cell research program
- Our adult diabetes care programs
- Community outreach and professional education programs
- Research and clinical equipment fund
- Translational diabetes research fund
- Basic science relating to the causes and treatments of diabetes
- Basic science of body weight regulation
Donate online. Or send a check. Gifts should be made payable to the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center and mailed to:
Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center
Attn: Development Office
Columbia University Medical Center
1150 St. Nicholas Ave.
New York, NY 10032
For more information please contact Executive Director of Development Caroline Hastings at 212-304-6418 or email@example.com.
We thank you so much for your support.